Who we are looking for
- Singers (ability to play musical instruments encouraged)
- Multi-talented movers with acting abilities
Selected performers are required give a 6 month commitment to the project. Must be 21+ years of age
Professional talent preference
- DANCE + PERFORMERS Auditions: Sept. 20, 2014 (@ Sweatshop Dance Studios, 937 Santa Fe Dr. Denver, CO 80204) 11am-1pm (with possible call backs from 2pm-4pm | if needed)
- Dancers must prepare a 1-2 minute self-choreographed piece to present.
- SINGING + PERFORMANCE Auditions: September 20, 2014 (@ Sweatshop Dance Studios) | 11am-1pm | (with possible call backs from 2pm-4pm | if needed).
- Singers must have a 1-2 minute song to present acapella and actors must have a 1-2 minute monologue to present.
Please send head shot or links to online photos/video, resume, and availability for possible call back to email@example.com
Formal Rehearsals begins mid-September through October 2014. Not all dancers are needed at every rehearsal. Rehearsal schedule will be based on the availability of the cast.
The Show Officially Opens on November 15th@ Casselman’s Bar & Venue, Denver. Post PremierePerformances will be once a month, 2nd show December 13th.
Cast + Characters Breakdown
6-7 Male Dancers of all types and builds with strong dance/movement performance background (triple threat preferred but not necessary).
Looking for 1-3 Female Dancers of all body types and builds (triple threat preferred but not necessary). Dancers must have a solid grounding in contemporary, jazz, hip-hop or other dance styles. Experienced dancers with good multi-disciplinary training and strong stage experience.
Singers + performers
1-2 Singer/Comedian/MC: looking for multi-talented performance artists.
The IDEAL TALENT
Performers with strong athletic build and ability, experienced dancers with good training and strong stage experience, performers with strong multi-disciplinary dance techniques, backgrounds, with the ability to improvise or freestyle. Performers with strong acrobatic skills, B-Boy, capoeira, martial arts, or yoga are strongly encouraged to apply.
Choreographer + co-writer
Jacob Mora, Founder, Moraporvida Contemporary Dance
Casting director, writer, designer, director
Justice Kwesi Kwarteng, BFA, MFA